- CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (CIH) OR ELIGIBLE
- INDUSTRIAL HYGIENISTs
- ASBESTOS SITE SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIANs (CSST)
- CERTIFIED ASBESTOS CONSULTANTs (CAC)
- CDPH CERTIFIED LEAD PROJECT MONITORs, SAMPLING TECHNICIANs AND/OR INSPECTOR/ASSESSORs
Multiple Employment Opportunities - NOW HIRING in
Los Alamitos, California
- CERTIFIED INDUSTRIAL HYGIENIST (CIH) or ELIGIBLE - We are looking for an experienced Industrial Hygienist to join our firm. We are a highly respected Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health & Safety consulting located in Southern California. A Senior Industrial Hygienist performs the most in-depth and complex assessments, inspections, and evaluations, in commercial, industrial, residential, academic, and governmental operations, including chemical, physical energy, microbiological and ergonomic stressors. He/she evaluates occupational safety and health programs, assists in development and improvement of programs, evaluates various occupational safety and health programs, develops and improves such programs, assists in developing and conducting occupational health and safety training programs, and will also oversee the work of subordinate Industrial Hygienists and Technicians on projects. The Senior Industrial Hygienist will be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, technical information on industrial hygiene matters to client representatives and other HSA staff, and perform other duties as required. This is a working level position, which requires significant training and experience in occupational safety and health rules, regulations, policies and procedures and industrial hygiene.
We offer a friendly, high performance, team-oriented work environment where professionals can grow amongst their respective peers. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to expand their professional development in a challenging yet rewarding environment.
ASBESTOS SITE SURVEILLANCE TECHNICIAN (CSST)
CERTIFIED ASBESTOS CONSULTANT (CAC)
- CDPH CERTIFIED LEAD PROJECT MONITOR, SAMPLING TECHNICIAN AND/OR INSPECTOR/ASSESSOR
Our Los Alamitos (Southern California) location is currently looking for experienced California DOSH Certified Asbestos Consultants (CACs) and/or Certified Site Surveillance Technicians (SSTs) and California Department of Public Health Lead Monitors, Inspector Assessors, and/or Sampling Technicians. NIOSH 582 certification is a plus. We are particularly interested in those asbestos and lead professionals who are looking to increase their skill sets and become Industrial Hygienists.
This is a field working level job , which requires a working knowledge of asbestos, lead-in-construction, and/or microbiological hazards, and an interest and ability to learn about occupational safety and health rules, regulations, policies and procedures and Industrial Hygiene. We encourage, support and provide training and mentoring to be able to perform routine Industrial Hygiene work which may include monitoring of chemical, physical and/or biological agents, maintenance and calibration of Industrial Hygiene equipment, assist in conducting occupational health and safety training programs, and perform other duties as required. Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, on technical project related matters.
Health Science Associates (HSA) is a full service Industrial Hygiene, Health & Safety consulting firm that includes asbestos, lead-based paint, and mold and inspections, as well as abatement monitoring services. Our client base is diverse with commercial, industrial, residential, and institutional properties for private and public clients throughout California and neighboring states.
Current California DOSH Certifications (CAC/CSST) and California Dept of Public Health (Lead Monitor/Inspector Assessor/Sampling Technician). HSA will be happy to consider candidates that are ready to take and pass the exams necessary to obtain these certifications.
Willingness to travel occasionally and be available for night and weekend work, as needed.
HSA participates in a drug and alcohol testing program that includes random testing, this is a condition of employment as well as the ability to pass background, annual physical medical and respirator fit test exams.
*A valid driver's license and dependable transportation with up to date vehicle insurance and an ability to climb ladders and stairs and crawl in spaces in order to access a variety of areas is required.
*Other physical requirements include standing, bending, squatting, sitting, kneeling, crawling, and climbing.
Benefits: Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, education reimbursement program, group medical & dental insurance, AFLAC, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, and progressive career training and opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time